Thai Steamed Mussels2012-08-03
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
- 5 pounds fresh mussels, scrubbed and cleaned well
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
In a large stock pot, combine the lime juice, coconut milk, wine, curry paste, garlic, fish sauce and sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar and curry paste and bring to a boil over high heat.
Boil for 2 minutes then add mussels. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mussels are opened, 5 to 8 minutes.
Remove from the heat and discard any unopened mussels. Pour mussels and liquid into a serving dish and toss with cilantro.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.